Homemade Essential Oil Playdough
Here is the perfect indoor activity that you and you little one will enjoy making together. This homemade recipe with essential oils is such a great way to bring both aromatherapy, color theory and motor skills into the mix for a relaxing playtime activity!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- Food coloring
- Mix flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large bowl.
2. Boil water and carefully pour 1 cup of your boiling water into the mixture and stir. Slowly add thee additional 1/2 cup of water slowly until desired consistency is reached. Knead the dough (careful, it’s hot).
3. Split it into your desired number of colors/scents. Take each piece and flatten into a disc a couple of drops and continuing to knead until it is spread throughout.
4. Repeat last step with the food coloring by flattening, adding the color and then kneading the dough (expect rainbow hands) until the color is evenly distributed.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all different colors and scents desired. Store in the same airtight bag or another airtight container.