Looking for a fun and easy craft for kids? Wax paper crayon hearts are a simple activity that you can do with your little ones and make into a unique Valentine’s day card. We love this project since all the materials you need can be found right at home and it’s a perfect way to recycle those crayon pieces you have!
- Wax Paper
- Crayons (red, pink, purple are great!)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Old Towel
- Heart cut out
- Construction Paper
- Place an old towel on your surface or ironing board to protect from melted wax and place a wax paper piece. Pick out the colors of crayons you want to use. Remember to peel off the paper wrapper from them.
2. With the pencil sharpener, make the crayon shavings on the wax paper.
3. Set your iron to low heat (don’t use steam). Fold the wax paper in half and slowly iron for about one second. The crayons will quickly melt, some crayon wax could leak out of the side, wipe iron off with a wet paper towel once it’s cooled down.
4. Using your heart cut out, trace it on the wax paper with the sharpie.
5. Cut out the shape using the scissors.
6. Fold your construction paper in half and tape the heart onto it.
7. That’s it! Don’t forget to write a sweet note inside!